Causes a range of emotional reactions in the target.
Original D&D Edit
Appears originally in The Strategic Review 1-4, along with the Illusionist. Dragon Magazine #12 maintained this spell on the Illusionist list.
- Spell Level 4
- Range 18"
- Duration Concentration
Create one of the following emotional effects:
- Fear: Those who fail their saves become panicked and flee.
- Battle Lust: Counters the fear effect, or adds +2 to the damage they deal due to their ferocity.
- Deprivation: Causes army members to desert, and lowers morale by 75%
- Bravado: Gives immunity to fear, and counters the Deprivation effect.
- Hate: Roll 1d10 for the target of the hate (1-2: hate any enemy, 3-4: hate each other, 5-7: hate both; 8: hate self; 9-10: hate caster). The target of the spell will attack the target of their hate (including committing suicide if they hate themselves).