Giants are a type of humanoid of massive stature, the smallest being at least ten feet tall, with the largest topping 20 or 30 feet, the size of the tallest buildings in many D&D worlds. They are related to natural features of the world -- stone, hills, fire, frost, clouds, and other natural phenomena. They are a diverse group, but most are brutal and even the kindest are aloof from the concerns of the smaller folk.
These creatures are considered full giants, and are related to natural features.
- Hill Giants, who are primitive and thuggish
- Stone Giants, who are secretive cavern-dwellers
- Frost Giants, icy and cruel raiders
- Fire Giants, militaristic creatures who live in volcanoes
- Cloud Giants, arrogant lords who see themselves as superior to all life.
Giantkin might not be true giants, but they are related to these massive creatures.